Here’s 5 simple ideas to get you started on the path toward living and loving your life!
1. Love more! Spend time with the ones you love. Begin by spending time with the person who loves you the most–YOU! Treat yourself with the same love, kindness, patience and care that you shower on others. Be mindful of your thoughts and try to keep your mental soundtrack positive!
2. Listen! Learn to listen to the voice inside you and say “yes” and “no” with conviction. Say yes to the things, people or opportunities that truly bring you joy. Learn to say no to those that don’t. Prioritize. Slow down. It’s really that simple.
3. Spend less time worrying about what others think! It’s a waste of your precious energy. Think of all the other more joyful and productive ways that you could spend that same amount of time. Why not instead read a chapter in that book that’s been sitting on your nightstand for a few weeks? Consider calling a friend and having a phone date. Take 5-10 minutes and relax on the floor and do a few yoga poses.
4. Do your best. Your best really is good enough. When you are finished, release the work/energy/project into the universe and let it go. Move on to the next thing! Perfectionism is the way of the past, acceptance is the beautiful wave of your future.
5. Stop, look, listen and breathe. Stop for a minute right now, wherever you are and just be. Look out your window or walk outside if you can. Spend 2 minutes and notice the trees, the leaves, the flowers, the clouds in the sky or the people walking by. There is beauty to be found everywhere, even in the unlikeliest of places. If you stop whatever it is you are doing for a minute, you might see something extraordinary that you’ve driven or walked by many times before and yet never even noticed was there.