Sometimes we need to take a break from our to do list and our busy daily schedule to remind ourselves that this really is our life. Take pause–right now–and just sit with that thought for a second. If you are unhappy with the pace of your life, with the choices you are making, with your relationships, with the work (paid or volunteer) you are taking on, then maybe it’s time to reevaluate and reprioritize. It’s okay to stop. It’s okay to reconsider. To be mindful of saying “yes” to someone or something when you really want to say “no.”
We all have a voice inside ourselves that we either choose to listen to or ignore. Some people call it our higher self and when you make the choice to start living your life in an empowered way, the voice becomes loud and clear. When you feel empowered, you discover that you have great amount of control over your life and your choices.
Here’s 5 Tips For Living An Empowered Life:
1. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions. You are in control of your life. There is no one directing your life or choices. If you like where you’re at, then keep going in the same direction! If you don’t, find small ways to change course. Change takes time and sometimes baby steps are the best approach with any major life transition.
2. Challenge negative thoughts and replace the negative, complaining, “not good enough” monologue with the positive inner voice of love, acceptance and approval.
3. Set healthy boundaries. When you establish boundaries on your time, for example, you’ll start feeling more relaxed and calm because you will start taking on less. If you’ve found yourself overcommitting lately, take pause and think about which items you can take off your list. When we take a step back, we often realize that the things we thought were so important are really not as critical as we once thought.
4. Surround yourself with positive people! If the people closest to you aren’t positive, then consider why you enjoy spending time with people who are negative? What does this bring to your life? When we make the choice to surround ourselves with positivity, we discover new (or old) friendships that are based in shared interests/hobbies like sports, running, cooking or reading. Positive people have a life force that is truly infectious and it’s wonderful to be around that type of enthusiastic and loving energy.
5. Focus on the joy! There is so much joy and happiness all around us. Look at a child on a playground swing and you will see the joy. The next time you are at an airport, pay attention to the way people drop off their loved ones with a huge hug and kiss. Don’t be content to sleep walk through your life or simply go through the motions. You deserve to feel a real sense of purpose and connection. We have only one life to live and this is it! Invest your time and devote your energy toward discovering what makes you happy and what makes you excited to wake up in the morning. Make happiness and fulfillment your life’s goals.