It’s the first week of the new year. Like many of you, I want this year ahead to be a great one for me and my family. I don’t make New Year’s resolutions but I do create a list of New Year’s intentions. An intention is a little different. The definition of the word intention is the “determination to act in a certain way,” “an aim or a plan.” What is your plan for this year ahead? What are your goals? How will you get there? I am a big believer in writing down my intentions because that list helps me hold myself accountable. Here’s my intentions list for 2016. What’s on yours?
I intend to…
- Make exercise a priority no matter how busy my work or home life gets! To run to hike 4-5 times a week. Alone or with a friend for 30 minutes or more. I run for me. I’m not trying to beat my college or high school cross-country times. I simply like to know that I can motivate myself to wake up early, put on my running shoes and run 2-4 miles. It’s my time to recharge and I feel better and stronger afterward. They say that when you exercise, endorphins are released and it’s true! My mood is always more positive and upbeat after I finish a run.
- Practice kindness. Towards myself and others. To live and lead with a smile and an open heart.
- To stay curious about the world! Curiosity keeps life interesting.
- To keep up my gratitude journal practice of writing down 5 things/reasons/people I’m grateful for each day before I go to sleep. It’s a great way to end each day reflecting on all that I have to be grateful for.
- To make time for fun! A girls’ night out. To meet a friend for drinks! To take a cooking class. To invite friends over to scrapbook (yes, I know! It’s a little old fashioned. Please don’t judge!) To take that girls weekend I’ve been talking about forever!
Happy Holidays! Thank you for visiting and reading my blog. I love hearing from you. Wishing you a wonderful, healthy and happy start to 2016!